Team Coastal (TC) Group Ride Guidelines and Expectations
With B.C. having moved to Phase 2 of its re-start plan which allows for a limited return to recreational sports, Team Coastal (TC) has adopted the following guidelines and expectations.
These have been developed in accordance with both the Cycling B.C. Return to Play guidelines and the ViaSport Return to Sport Guidelines approved by the Provincial Health Authority. All TC members are expected to adhere to the Cycling BC Return to Play Guidelines.
GENERAL HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Each person planning to engage in cycling in public is expected to evaluate their health and state of mind prior to departing. In this time of uncertainty, distractions can contribute to accidents. Only ride if you are healthy and take extra care; pay attention to your surroundings.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, or shortness of breath), you should NOT participate in sport. If these symptoms begin during an organized cycling activity, you must leave immediately and contact local public health office for recommendations. You must also inform your club and/or personal coach.
- In addition, the following individuals should not participate in organized cycling activities:
a) Any person who receives a diagnosis of COVID-19. Individuals must comply with the current mandated self-isolation policy as per the BC Ministry of Health.
b) Any person who has been told to self-isolate.
c) Any person who lives in a home with or has been in close contact with someone with symptoms of COVID-19.
d) Any person who has arrived in British Columbia from outside of Canada within the last 14 days as they are mandated to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days upon their arrival.
GROUP RIDE EXPECTATIONS
- All Team Coastal members are required to complete a COVID-19 Declaration before joining the club and riding.
- In addition, the club will keep a record of those people who participate in a given ride or event to facilitate contact tracing if necessary. This record will be digital/photographic, and uploaded with date stamp for later reference if necessary using WhatsApp. This is a member’s responsibility.
- Ride information will be disseminated electronically to members to minimize in-person contact time prior to the ride.
- Ride start locations will be chosen so that safe social distancing can be practiced.
- Group rides will be limited to 6 members. In the event that more members register, a staggered start will be imposed so that groups remain of a size of 6 or less riders. No drop-ins will be allowed, and ride participants must be Team Coastal members.
- All participants must practise recommended social/physical distancing by keeping two meters (six feet) away from one another at all times, unless rider safety is at issue.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Practise enhanced hygiene, including regular cleaning of equipment.
- Be self-sufficient on the bike – leave prepared for nutrition, hydration and mechanicals.
- Riders stopping for food/coffee should ensure that there is expanded distance while feeding.
- Do not share equipment, food, drinks, utensils, water bottles, etc.
- Do not shake hands, embrace or high-five to celebrate.
- Do not loiter before or after organized activities unless physical distancing can be maintained.
- Riders should have their own personal protective equipment (hand sanitizer, wipes, mask) as appropriate.